Information for the 2020 OGRA Conference
Conference housing is set to open Tuesday October 29, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
As in the past, blocks of rooms have been reserved at a number of hotels in downtown Toronto.
Delegates will contact the hotels directly to book a room. Please note the room blocks are not available until conference housing officially opens.
We have negotiated preferred room rates for the duration of the conference; however, these rates apply to a limited number of rooms only and are available on a first-come, first served basis until January 31st, 2020. Reservations received after that date will be accepted on a space available basis at the hotel’s published rate. It is very important to remember that the hotels may sell out before January 31st, in which case no rooms will be available. Don’t be disappointed. Reserve your accommodation early. When making your reservations, indicate that you will be attending the OGRA Conference.
Beware of Poachers!
A new scam is being perpetrated on unsuspecting conference attendees. Hotel room poachers are calling would be delegates and exhibitors claiming to represent conference hotels and using high pressure sales tactics to sell rooms, some of which don’t exist at all or carry much higher cancellations fees. Don’t be fooled. Only book your conference hotel room(s) directly with the hotels by following the directions in the chart below.
Fairmont Royal York Hotel
- Up to and including January 31, 2020 – cancellation fee (equal to one night’s accommodation plus applicable taxes) will be charged on each room or suite cancelled subsequent to the initial booking. Changes and substitutions are permitted.
- February 1, 2020– all reservations will be automatically charged for the full amount of the stay. Rooms/suites will be considered fully pre-paid and non-refundable. Any reduction in the number of nights or cancellation will result in forfeiture of the whole amount. Substitutions are permitted.
- IMPORTANT – review and make any changes to your reservation BEFORE January 31st to avoid additional charges.
- Cancellation fee (equal to one night’s accommodation plus applicable taxes) will be charged on each room cancelled less than 48 hours before expected date of arrival.
Security Enhancement at Fairmont Royal York Hotel
- All guestroom floors (floors 1 – 17) are only accessible with an active Fairmont guestroom key card.
- The key cards are not restricted by floor i.e. if your room is on the 2nd floor you can access any floor.
- Unregistered guests of the hotel will not be able to access the guestroom floors, unless they are brought up by a guest in the hotel.
- The following floors do NOT require key access: Avenues, Lobby, Main Mezzanine, Convention Floor, H-Floor, 18th Floor and 19th
A credit card is required to book a room or suite. Deposit cheques are not accepted.
Early Departure Fee
Guests will be asked to confirm their departure date upon check-in. Should the guest check out prior to the confirmed check-out date, an early departure fee will be charged.
Third Person Charges
Hotels have a 3rd person fee – each 3rd person sharing a room will be charged an additional fee per night. There will be no charge for children up to and including the age of 18 years who share with their parents. Please inquire at your time of booking.
City of Toronto Municipal Accommodation Tax (MAT)
The City of Toronto Municipal Accommodation Tax (4% + HST) has replaced the Destination Marketing Fee (2.66% + HST).
Taxes and Other Charges
All rates, including 3rd person charges, are subject to 13% HST and 4%+HST MAT.
Smoke Free Hotels
All conference hotels are smoke free i.e. all guest rooms, suites, restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms and public space. Penalties will be applied.
- Fairmont Royal York – guests who do not adhere to the non-smoking policy will be subject to a $1000 fine.
- Strathcona Hotel – guests who do not adhere to the non-smoking policy will be subject to a $250 fine.
Changes and Cancellations
Contact the hotels directly to make changes or cancel rooms/suites. Contact information detailed in chart.
- Fairmont Royal York – review and make any changes to your reservation before January 31st to avoid additional charges
- Changes/cancellations cannot be made before October 31st
- Online reservations must be changed or cancelled online
- Phone reservations can be changed or cancelled by email only
- Suite reservations can be changed or cancelled by email only
- Email address [email protected]
- All reservations can be changed or cancelled online, by phone or email
- Email address [email protected]
Accommodation Information for the 2020 OGRA Conference
|Fairmont Royal York
100 Front St. W.
(host hotel) Check-in time is now 4:00 p.m.
Online Reservations (available October 29)
Telephone Reservation (available October 29)
Fairmont Luxury (newly renovated) $245
Signature (newly renovated) $335
Suites cannot be booked via phone or online. Suite Form must be faxed in for all suites
PLEASE NOTE: The number of suites have been reduced due to hotel renovations. Suites are available on a first come, first served basis.
|Suites from $509 & up
60 York St.
(across street from Royal York)
|Online Reservations (available October 29)
Email Reservation (available October 29)
|Standard Room $169
Executive Queen $189
Executive King $199
Executive 2 Double $199
Executive 2 Queen $209
*Only a limited number of rooms are available to book via telephone at the Fairmont Royal York. The majority of the rooms are available through online only. Up to a maximum of 5 rooms can be booked per phone call or online session.