Accommodation Information for the 2019 OGRA Conference
Sheraton Centre Toronto – February 24 to 27
Conference housing is now open. Click Here for Hotel Listings
Rooms have been reserved at the Sheraton Centre (host hotel) and the Hilton Toronto (overflow hotel).
Delegates will contact the hotels directly to book a room. Please note the room blocks are not available until conference housing officially opens.
We have negotiated preferred room rates for the duration of the conference; however, these rates apply to a limited number of rooms only and are available on a first-come, first served basis until the cut-off date:
Sheraton Centre February 4, 2019 – 5:00 pm
Hilton Toronto January 24, 2019
Reservations received after that date will be accepted on a space available basis at the hotel’s published rate. It is very important to remember that the hotels may sell out before their cut-off date, in which case no rooms will be available. Don’t be disappointed. Reserve your accommodation early. When making your reservations, indicate that you will be attending the OGRA Conference.
Beware of Poachers!
A new scam is being perpetrated on unsuspecting conference attendees. Hotel room poachers are calling would be delegates and exhibitors claiming to represent conference hotels and using high pressure sales tactics to sell rooms, some of which don’t exist at all or carry much higher cancellations fees. Don’t be fooled. Only book your conference hotel room(s) directly with the hotels by following the directions in the chart below.
Sheraton Centre Booking/Cancellation Policy
- Non-refundable deposit– equal to one night’s accommodation plus applicable taxes, will be charged on each room or suite at the time of booking.
- Up to 5:00 p.m. February 4th, 2019 –changes can be made to the reservation with no penalty.
- As of 5:00 p.m. February 4th, 2019 – all reservations will be automatically charged for the full amount of the stay less the deposit paid at the time of booking. Rooms/suites will be considered fully pre-paid and non-refundable. Any reduction in the number of nights or cancellation will result in forfeiture of the whole amount. Substitutions are permitted.
- IMPORTANT – review and make any changes to your reservation BEFORE February 4th to avoid additional charges.
Hilton Toronto Booking/Cancellation Policy
- Cut-off date is January 24, 2019
- Cancellation fee (equal to one night’s accommodation plus applicable taxes) will be charged on each room cancelled less than 48 hours before expected date of arrival.
Security at the Sheraton Centre
- Between the hours of 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. – all guestroom floors are only accessible with an active Sheraton guestroom key card.
- The key cards are not restricted by floor i.e. if your room is on the 2nd floor you can access any floor.
- Unregistered guests of the hotel will not be able to access the guestroom floors during this time, unless they are brought up by a guest in the hotel.
A credit card is required to book a room or suite. Deposit cheques are not accepted.
Third Person Charges
Hotels have a 3rd person fee – each 3rd person sharing a room will be charged an additional fee per night. There will be no charge for children up to and including the age of 18 years who share with their parents. Please inquire at your time of booking.
City of Toronto Municipal Accommodation Tax (MAT)
The City of Toronto Municipal Accommodation Tax (4% + HST) has replaced the Destination Marketing Fee (2.66% + HST).
Taxes and Other Charges
All rates, including 3rd person charges, are subject to 13% HST and 4%+HST MAT.
Smoke Free Hotels
All conference hotels are smoke free i.e. all guest rooms, suites, restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms and public space. Penalties will be applied.
- Sheraton Centre – a $200 cleaning fee (per incident) will be applied to the account of any guest who smoke in their guest room.
- Hilton Toronto – guests who do not adhere to the non-smoking policy will be subject to a $350 fine.
Changes and Cancellations
Contact the hotels directly to make changes or cancel rooms/suites. Contact information detailed in chart.
- Sheraton Centre
- Reservations (except large suites) can be changed or cancelled online or by phone.
- Large suites can be changed or cancelled by email.
- Hilton Toronto
- All reservations can be changed or cancelled online or by phone
Sheraton Centre – 123 Queen Street West (Host Hotel)
Booking Code: OGRA Conference 2019
|High Floor & High Speed Internet||$269|
Suites cannot be booked via phone or online. Large Suite requests must be emailed. Click Here to send an email request for large suites.
PLEASE NOTE: There are fewer suites at the Sheraton. Suites are available on a first come, first served basis.
Hilton Toronto – 145 Richmond Street West
Telephone Reservation – group code OGRA19